Bethany Sportive 2017
Saturday June 3rd 8.00 – 17.00
Here are the details you need for the day:
• The event will start and finish at Lasswade High School/ Sports Centre Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg, Midlothian EH19 2LA. (Toilets, changing rooms and showers are available in the centre.)
• Parking – There is limited parking in the car park behind Lasswade High School Centre from 7.15. Where possible please car share, arrange to be dropped off and collected, use public transport or cycle to the start. The car park will close at 17.45.
- Challenge and Super Challenge participants can sign-in from 7:30am until 9:25am.
- Taster Challenge participants can sign-in from 9:30am until 10:00am.
You will receive your rider card, timing chip and anything else you’ll need here. You must do this before starting the event.
• Start Time
- Challenge and Super Challenge start times will be from 8:00am until 9:30am.
- Taster Challenge start times will be from 9:30am until 10:00am.
We will be starting riders off in groups of no more than 12, every 2 minutes. If you’re keen for an early start, we recommend getting in the queue early.
• You will find links to route maps on our Routes page which can be downloaded onto Garmin devices.
Feed stations and toilets
There are a number of food stations along the routes offering snacks and water.
• Challenge (72m)/Super Challenge Routes (102m) There are three feed stations along these two longer routes. There are toilets at each of these stations.
o Innerleithen High Street – 26.9m
o Outside Newburgh Holiday Cottages – 43.4m (Super Challenge Route only)
o Fountainhall Primary School – 48.4m (Challenge)/78.9m (Super Challenge)
• Taster Challenge Route (30m). There is one feed station on this route, located 13 miles in, at Gladhouse Reservoir. Toilets are not available at this station.
• All participants for each of the routes must finish by 17.00 at the latest. (Anyone continuing after this point will do so without the support of the event team).
• At the finish line there will be a selection of food and hot drinks (pies, homebaking and teas and coffee)
• A broom wagon will be following behind the last rider on each route. Riders that they feel will not be able to complete the route in time will be picked up and offered a lift back to the start/finish line.
Emergency contact number: 0131 271 4533
In the event of an emergency during the event, please ring the above number at Lasswade School Centre. A member of the events team will ring you back. If leaving a message, don’t forget to leave your name, mobile number and rider number.
Bethany Christian Trust’s supports over 7,000 homeless and vulnerable people across Scotland. Last year participants in the Sportive raised over £14,000 towards emergency accommodation, supported housing, addiction recovery units and employability training for people who had nowhere else to turn.
All the money raised from the entry fees goes towards helping homeless and vulnerable people in Scotland, but we would encourage all participants to raise extra money for Bethany Christian Trust through sponsorship.
Every £30 raised provides another homeless person with a warm, safe bed for the night, a hot meal and good advice.
To set up a Fundraising page, click here.
The website takes you through a very simple step-by-step procedure to set up your own fundraising page and then all you have to do is email the link to your friends and family and they can donate online. It’s very easy and it means you don’t have to worry about chasing everyone for money!
Alternatively you can use a sponsorship form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request one.
The deadline for handing in sponsorship money raised is 3rd August 2017. So there is still plenty of time to raise funds to support homeless and vulnerable people in Scotland.
You can also make a one off donation by visiting www.everydayhero.co.uk/event/bethanysportive2017.
Friends and family can also support your participation by making a £3 donation by texting ‘HOME’ to 70300
Thank you for your support. We hope you have a brilliant day.
With thanks from the Bethany Sportive Events Team.